Dogs seem to run on water as sleds traverse flooded sea ice.
Climate researcher Steffen Olsen captured this stunning image of a dog sled traversing sea ice covered with meltwater to retrieve scientific equipment in northwest Greenland. “Communities in #Greenland rely on the sea ice for transport, hunting and fishing,” said Olsen. “Extreme events, here flooding of the ice by abrupt onset of surface melt, call for an incre[a]sed predictive capacity in the Arctic.” (STEFFEN M. OLSEN/The New York Times/eyevine) From Nature Briefing newsletter
Love Social Media! http://empire.kred/sallykwitt http://about.me/sallykwittSally K Witt
- Advanced English Vocabulary
- Animals pets birds insects reptiles...
- Art Music Dance Colors Creativity...
- Flowers Trees Nature
- Learning Spanish
- Our World
- So Important
- Social Justice, World Issues, relevant news...
- World, Trees, Environment, Sustainable...