Things You Should Know About Betta Fish Sleep
The question remains whether betta fish sleep experience is exactly the same as humans. After all, they can't close their eyes because they don't have eyelids. So it’s not easily noticed when they are about to close their eyes to sleep. Do they fully lose consciousness as people do? Perhaps not since they are very territorial and on constant guard against interlopers even if they are the only fish in betta fish aquarium. Still, they do appear to take time out to rest, and this is the equivalent of sleep for humans.
How to Know when Your Betta is Sleeping
Now that you know that these beautiful bettas (and all fish) actually sleep, you might wonder how to know when they are sleeping. You can assume that Betta will take this opportunity to get a real rest anytime his environment darkens. This typically happens when you shut off his tank light for the evening. After a short time, he'll find a comfortable spot to rest and basically become inactive for a while until something startles him or the light returns.
Betta fish may take a nap during the day
Betta fish sometimes take a nap during the day. If you ever noticed your pet lying on the bottom of its fish tank and doing nothing, it may be asleep. In other cases, when your fish is resting, it may hang motionless on the top of the tank. Some people panic when they find their betta in either state because they think their pet has died, and indeed, there is not a lot of difference in the way a sleeping betta and a dead betta look. Thankfully, the fish is simply asleep in most instances.
Betta fish rarely sleep during the day. You may notice that your fish is resting at the bottom of the plant, or it is even resting among the leaves. Betta fish like to find a safe place to rest, so they will look for places under or inside the fish tank decoration, behind the filter, and anywhere that makes them feel safe. You can create ideal sleeping spots by adding a bushy plant, either a real or a soft, artificial aquarium plant, or by leaning a piece of shale against the side of the tank.
How to Tell the Difference Between a Sleeping and a Dead Betta Fish
Since sleeping bettas can float at the top of a tank or lay on the bottom, it's easy to mistake a sleeping fish for one that has died. There are a few clear indications that your fish is near death, or that he is now dead if you have seen these signs and he now not moving.
How to distinguish between a sleeping and a dead betta
Because sleeping bettas can float on top of the tank or lie on the bottom, it is easy to mistake a sleeping fish for dead fish. There are a few clear indications that your fish is near death, or that he is now dead if you have seen these signs and he now not moving.
1. If he looks listless recently, stays still at the bottom of his tank, or stays in a hidden place for several days.
2. If you notice him swimming strangely, it seems like he's lost his balance.
3. If his color doesn't look as energetic as usual.
4. If his eyes look too large, as if moving outward, this is called a Popeye.
5. If his fins look rough, unhealthy, or pressed against their bodies rather than spread out and flowing.
6. If his fins are discolored, there are white spots around the body, or they have shiny metallic spots, which is easier to see with a flashlight.
7. If his scales seem to be elevated, pointing away from his body, and his stomach is swollen, so he looks like a pine cone from above.
8. If he is not interested in food.
If you noticed these signs in the past few days or weeks, and your betta is still motionless, you can see that he has died from all these signs together:
When you examine his gills and mouth, he doesn't seem to be breathing. The easiest way is to fish him out with a fishnet. He didn't leave the net, didn't move, and didn't breathe, which could be a sign of his death.
He lies on the bottom of the tank, or lies on its side, or floats slightly upwards at the back, while its headrests on the bottom or base of the tank. Or if he is not lying on the bottom of the tank, but is floating on the surface on his side. His color looked dark and his eyes were dull.
Let your fish rest. Rest is important for all living creatures, so when you find your betta lying somewhere, don't knock on its fish tank to see if it is alive. Chances are he's just sleeping, and he will soon wake up and start exploring his environment again.
We have the best betta fish tank for sale, welcome to buy. senzeal.com/best-divid… senzeal.com/best-divid…
#betta #fish #aquarium # best #betta #fish #tank
Species and Planting Methods of Aquatic Plants
Aquatic plants cultured in fish tanks can beautify fish tanks and provide a habitat for fish. The fish swim in the waterweeds, and the lively fishes complement the beautiful waterweeds, which is very beautiful. But there are many kinds of water plants, and each kind of water plant has its own lifestyle. What types of waterscape are there? How to raise water grass in fish tanks? If you need water Plant Care Tools, please contact us.
The plants we are talking about here are ornamental plants. It is mainly used for landscaping and appreciation of aquariums, and to express the natural beauty and ecological beauty of aquariums. There are many varieties of ornamental aquatic plants. According to relevant data, there are more than 500 types of aquatic plants that can be used in aquarium cultivation worldwide.
1. Species and classifications of aquatic plants
There are many species of aquatic plants, and there are many natural classifications. As far as people know, there is no correct and specific classification, but according to different situations, the following three classifications have been carried out.
According to the different morphological characteristics of aquatic plants, aquatic plants are classified into eight categories: stem aquatic plants, cluster aquatic plants, pepper aquatic plants, crown aquatic plants, water ficus aquatic plants, rhizome aquatic plants, ferns aquatic plants, and lichen algae aquatic plants.
Aquatic plants can be classified by the situation of the landscape of water plants. According to the planting position or landscaping area of aquatic plants in the aquarium, the aquatic plants can be generally divided into foreground grass, medium grass and background grass.
Foreground grass refers to the water grass planted in the front of the aquarium, usually small grass, relatively low, such as short pearl, carpet grass, cattle felt, mushroom grass. Medium grass refers to grass grown in the middle of the tank, between the front and back grass. Such as iron crown, lotus root, tiger grass, etc. Background grass refers to grass planted in the back of the aquarium, usually a large, taller grass. Such as small round leaves, snapdragon, chrysanthemum grass, small Roland and so on.
Aquatic plants can be classified according to the relationship between growth form and water. Water weeds can be divided into submerged water weeds, floating leaf water weeds, floating water weeds, standing water weeds and intermediate water weeds.
2. Aquaculture method for fish tank
Fish tank aquaculture species usually need to choose a well-developed root system and beautiful form of aquatic plants, such as snapdragon, gracilaria, crown grass, water chrysanthemum and so on. Aquatic plants are generally only suitable for planting in small fish tanks, as large fish can damage them.
Aquaculture method for aquarium: pot, sand and floating planting.
Potted plants and sand plants are suitable for planting rooted plants such as crown grass, Elysium, and water chrysanthemum. The floating method is suitable for planting rooted vines such as snapdragon and yarrow. For the potted plant, choose a small porcelain flower pot with an eye on the bottom of the pot. Put some small stones on the bottom of the pot, plant the water grass and fill the pot with some small goose eggs to squeeze the roots, and slowly put it into the fish tank.
For sand planting, the bottom of the fish tank is covered with about 3 centimeters of washed and sterilized fine river sand, and then the plants are planted in the sand, and the roots are pressed with small pebbles to prevent the plants from being washed up when changing water.
Floating is to put aquatic plants directly into the fish tank and let them float and grow. Aquatic aquaculture in fish tanks must be strengthened to make them grow healthy.
3. The setting of fish tank culture conditions
First, sufficient light
LED fish tank lights can be selected for the lamps used for aquatic lighting, and it is appropriate to light for 6-7 hours per day. Aquatic plants can grow well under sufficient light.
Second, the appropriate water temperature
The water temperature control for fish tank can be appropriately reduced in the hot summer and increased appropriately in the cold winter. The most suitable water temperature for aquatic plants is about 25 ° C, which will be described in detail in the aquatic planting temperatures.
Third, the appropriate plant density
Water plants are too densely planted, which can easily make the living space of fish small. Therefore, to maintain the proper density of aquatic plants, we must trim the aquatic plants in time according to the size of the fish tank.
Fourth, the appropriate fertilizer
Aquatic plants need photosynthesis and need carbon dioxide and fertilizer to ensure that the aquatic plants in the fish tank grow more densely. It is important to add proper fertilizers to aquatic plants.
Aquaculture in fish tanks is conducive to fish breeding. Aquatic plants absorb carbon dioxide exhaled by fish during photosynthesis and emit oxygen required by fish. Aquatic plants can also digest fish excreta during the growth process and absorb some harmful substances. Some fish can spawn on waterweed leaves. Therefore, aquatic plants are the most ideal habitat for fish. Aquatic plants provide a comfortable living environment for fish. senzeal.com/c/aquarium… senzeal.com/c/led-aqua… senzeal.com/c/aquarium…
#water #Plant #Care #Tools #LED #fish #tank #lights #water #temperature #control #for #fish #tank
Ornamental Fish Breeding Tips
If you are new to fish breeding, ornamental fish breeding should start with picking fish. Healthy fish swim in the lower and middle layers of the water body (except the upper layer fish) and compete for food. In addition, there must be a set of fish breeding tools. The aquarium should be equipped with equipment used for filtering, oxygen, lighting, drugs and so on. Pay attention to daily care for your fish. Now, let’s take a look at the breeding methods of ornamental fish.
What Are Ornamental Fishes
The so-called ornamental fishes only refer to those fishes with bright colors or strange shapes with ornamental value. They are distributed all over the world with no less than thousands of species. Some live in freshwater, some live in seawater, some come from temperate regions, and some come from tropical regions. Some of them are famous for their brilliant colors, some are weird for their shapes, and some are famous for they are rare and precious. In the world ornamental fish market, they usually consist of three major strains, namely temperate freshwater ornamental fish, tropical freshwater ornamental fish, and tropical seawater ornamental fish.
It is said that there are 30,000 to 50,000 species of fish in the world. Among them, sea fishes can be watched, and there are 2-3 species of freshwater fishes, and only about 500 species are commonly raised and commonly found in the seawater fish world. Ornamental fishes mainly include marine fish, tropical fish, Chinese goldfish, koi fish, and other freshwater fish. They are classified according to customary names.
Ornamental Fishes Breeding Methods
So how do we raise these lovely ornamental fishes? There are different points in the cultivation of different ornamental fishes. Here are some common methods of breeding.
1. Learn to buy good fish before raising good fish: Healthy fish swim in the middle and lower layers of the water body (except the upper layer fish) and compete for food. They swim naturally and leisurely, with clear and transparent tail fins, flowing eyes, clear eyes, and large individuals. The sinking bottom, floating head, and swimming are struggling, with trauma, white hair, white spots, thick tail fins, turbidity, severe bloodshot, dark complexion, turbid eyes, loneliness, antifeeding, or rubbing the cylinder with the body are sick fish Must not be purchased.
2. If you are going to co-culture several different species of fish in one fish tank, you must take into account the compatibility between different species of fish. Fierce fish and mild fish cannot be co-cultured; (Mild fish species can be considered); water quality requirements can not be mixed and so on.
3. At the time of purchase, fierce and large and medium-sized fish should not only be inflated and oxygenated but also a black bag should be placed on the outer layer to reduce external disturbance to the fish. High-grade fish should be individually bagged to avoid damage caused by touching each other. Pay attention to heat preservation when buying fish in winter. Plastic bags for fish must be thick and reliable, especially those with hard fins.
4. the fish tank can not change too much water at one time will cause water quality discomfort. Water quality includes pH, hardness, chloride, dissolved oxygen, nitrate, sulfide, protein, and turbidity.
5. Pay attention to the stocking density of fish. Excessive bleeding, excessive density, lack of oxygen in the water, and deterioration of water quality are the main causes of illness and death of fish.
6. How to feed. The most important thing to watch in the fish tank is to control the feeding. It is advisable to eat it once or twice a day for 3 to 5 minutes. Feed less on rainy days and not on at night. Fish need more oxygen to digest food. On rainy days and at night, the air pressure is low, and the dissolved oxygen in the water is low. In this case, feeding the fish may cause severe hypoxia in the water and kill the fish. Most of the dead fish occur at night, and severe hypoxia in the water is one of the main reasons. You may be interested in the aquarium auto feeder.
7. The bait must be clean, this is the easiest for a novice to ignore. Feeding unclean bait can easily lead to fish disease. It is recommended to buy brand-frozen fresh foods produced by professional companies, such as red bloodworms and shrimps. Although live worms such as water worms and water red worms are favorite fish, live worms grow in polluted water environments and are extremely susceptible to death and decay during temporary holding. Therefore, care should be taken when placing live food.
8. Keep the water clean. After eating fish, it will consume a lot of oxygen and discharge a lot of waste, which will pollute the water and breed germs. In order to keep the water clean of the material, a high-efficiency filter in tank must be installed. If it is a naked tank for fish breeding, it is necessary to use the bottom of the tank to drain and drain at the same time and change one-tenth or a little more old water, especially in the summer must not be ignored. The ecological tank for co-cultivation of fish and aquatic plants can be replaced only once a week with 1/3 to 1/4 of water. The filter is designed with aeration, so filtration and aeration can be performed at the same time, even if the water is purified, and oxygen is supplemented. However, the aquarium should not be inflated.
9. can not bring grease and detergent into the water. The oil will float on the water surface to isolate the air, and the oxygen in the water will not be replenished, which will cause the fish to die of hypoxia. Eating meat, or even applying hand cream on your hands, will bring grease into the water and should be carefully avoided. According to this, the fish tank should be far away from the place where oil and gas are generated.
10. It is best to start with low-priced, easy-to-raise fish, accumulate experience, and then raise valuable species, and you will be handy and successful.
Now you’ve known ornamental fish breeding tips, ready to set up your own aquarium? Come to our all aquarium categories pages for more at Senzeal.com. senzeal.com/in-tank-fi… senzeal.com/c/aquarium…
#filter #in #tank #fish #tank