9 Straight-forward tips from an award-winning travel photographer by Bob Holmes @travelpix #photography #travel
1) Look for leading lines – they can lead your viewer through the composition
2) Look for diagonals – they give a dynamic feel to your photos
3) Look for horizontal lines – they will give a calm feel to your photos
4) Capture gestures – they can really help your photo pop
5) Try to find 'punctuation' – like a splash of color or a solitary person in a larger landscape
6) Put energy into your photos – you can do this by capturing movement in the frame
7) Be receptive – let the picture 'impress itself' upon you
8) Look at art for inspiration – famous paintings are often examples of fantastic composition and great lighting at work.
9) Look at photography books for inspiration – there's a reason the Irving Penn's and Henri Cartier-Bresson's of the world are still remembered today.